During construction, maintenance or repair to buildings, having professional representation in the form of a Contract Administrator – to look after the contract and oversee the contractor’s works – often pays dividends.
The team at Lea Hough have unrivalled experience of dealing with building contracts and are therefore ideally placed to represent private clients, companies and publically funded bodies throughout building works. Using our extensive knowledge of the building construction, alongside our ability to successfully project manage both large and small-scale builds from start to finish, our Chartered Building Surveyors regularly act in Contract Administrator roles. Clients instruct us to help ensure a quality build is delivered in their required timescale whilst minimising cost.
The fundamental role of a Contract Administrator is to oversee the building contract between the contractor and the client, although the exact scope of the services will often depend on timescales and the specific needs of the client.
A Contract Administrator’s services typically commence after planning permission has been granted, although where required, Lea Hough are able to get involved far earlier, guiding the client through the scoping and planning process before then assuming the role of supervising the works once underway.
The full scope of our services in the area of Contract Administration can include:
- Initial surveys and advice
- Feasibility assessment and design
- Budget / cost advice
- Applications for statutory authority approvals / consents (planning permission, building regulations etc)
- Preparation of Schedules of Works/Specifications
- Preparation of design drawings
- Principal Designer role (under CDM Regulations)
- Preparation of JCT contract documents
- Overseeing a competitive tendering process
- Project management/supervision
- Issuing of payment certificates/interim valuations to the contractor
- Dealing with any technical issues that may arise
- Negotiating and agreeing the contractor’s Final Account
- Providing construction, technical and contractual advice
- Monitoring building works through to Practical Completion
Appoint a Contract Administrator from Lea Hough Chartered Surveyors
Lea Hough represent clients in a Contract Administration capacity across a variety of sectors; predominantly the education sector and commercial clients.
For an initial discussion about appointing our Chartered Building Surveyors to deliver a Contract Administration service, please get in touch.