Call me back
From Design to Delivery – A Round Up of Recent Academy School Projects
It’s been a busy few months for our team, especially those that have been involved in projects for our academy school clients. Having been successful across a number of bids under the Condition Improvement Fund (CIF) this year, when the summer and school holidays arrived, our team were straight to work in overseeing and project managing the works taking place across several schools in Lancashire, Cumbria and Yorkshire.
Here is a list of just a few of the recent projects we have helped to bring to reality, varying in size from £50,000 up to £715,000.
- Sports block refurbishment scheme at Colne Primet Academy
- Renewal of flat roofs at Southlands High School, Chorley
- Replacement of windows and renewal of pitched roof coverings at Dallam School, Milnthorpe
- Replacement window project at Tarleton Academy, Lancashire
- New fire alarm installation at Standish High School, Standish
- New fire alarm installation at Garstang Academy High School, Lancashire
- Health and safety works to the school hall at Pendle Primary Academy
- Replacement of curtain walling to gymnasium at Hodgson Academy, Poulton-le-Fylde
- Safeguarding and remodelling of main entrance at QEGS, Blackburn
- Project to improve the delivery of the free school meals initiative at Pendle Primary Academy
Another flagship project we are working on is the wholesale refurbishment of the RoSLA block at Lostock Hall Academy in Preston – an £860,000 project that involves a multi-disciplinary approach and will turn an outdated school block into a modern, safe and inspiring learning environment.
We are extremely proud of our work in the education sector and in particular, our services in assisting to prepare, submit and win funding under the CIF. Lea Hough had an 81% success rate for CIF applications in the 2018-2019 funding round compared with a national average of 33%.
Lea Hough provide specialist consultancy services to academy schools, sixth form colleges and small multi-academy trusts, with particular expertise in assisting with the preparation of CIF bids. We have extensive experience in preparing funding applications for development or maintenance works through the Condition Improvement Fund (CIF). Our team have obtained over £12 million of funding for schools and academies across Lancashire and Cumbria in the past four years alone.
The 2019-2020 round of CIF funding is now open and Lea Hough are working with a large number of academy schools to help prepare bids that fall in line with the strict criteria for approval.
For further information or to speak to us about making an application for CIF funding, please get in touch.
BACK TO NEWS