Lea Hough Chartered Surveyors specialise in undertaking surveys and valuations in the residential property sector.
Our firm’s roots lie within providing a quality service for residential property owners and purchasers in Lancashire. With over 35 years of assisting homeowners across the county, our Chartered Surveyors have gained a reputation for being professional, reliable, and providing an excellent value service.
Residential property transactions are often one of the most expensive purchases our clients make during their lifetime and having an independent professional undertake investigations and due diligence on their behalf can provide great peace of mind.
Our services in the residential sector include:
- Pre-purchase property surveys – including RICS Homebuyer Reports, Building Survey Reports and defect inspections.
- Property valuations – these can be undertaken for a wide variety of reasons including pre-purchase, re-mortgaging, Help-to-Buy transactions, or as part of a probate matter.
- Development monitoring – overseeing the construction of new-build housing developments on behalf of lenders, in the role of Monitoring Surveyor.
- Identification and sale of land for housing developments, to housing developers, on behalf of landowners.
- Stock condition surveys of housing portfolios.
- Advising on upgrade and improvement projects to residential property.
As well as working for owner-occupier clients, our team also work with several landlords and investors who request our advice in relation to adding to or selling properties in their portfolio. Additionally, we also provide valuations on behalf of mortgage lenders/banks, Housing Associations and Local Authorities.
We primarily offer these residential services to property owners or prospective house buyers in Lancashire, although our services sometimes extend to neighbouring areas including Cumbria, Greater Manchester and parts of North/West Yorkshire. As our team members both live and work locally in Lancashire, this helps to provide us with an unrivalled local knowledge to pass on to clients.
Most typically, we are asked to undertake a report on houses and apartments that clients intend to purchase. However, this is by no means the limit of our work in the residential sector. Our knowledge and experience of surveying domestic property of all types means we are able to assist with more unusual or high-value prestigious residential properties, and also land that is either subject to or involved as part of a transaction. Members of our team also have specialist knowledge in dealing with heritage and Listed properties, and we are able to advise property owners in relation to undertaking renovation work.
Although there are many firms that are qualified to carry out residential property investigations, the thing that sets us apart from other firms is the personal approach we apply. We understand how important the content of our reports may be to our clients, and as such, we are always happy to make the time to explain the contents so they can be fully understood.
For more information about any of our work in the field of residential property, or to obtain a quote, please contact us.