Lea Hough’s office in Lancaster ideally places us for work in the Yorkshire Dales. From helping commercial clients to understand the condition of their property, through to providing schools with valuations of their estates, we have been undertaking a varied workload for clients over recent months.
In this blog, we share some of the most recent instructions we have been involved with in Yorkshire.
Our Residential team have undertaken lots of residential surveys and valuations in North Yorkshire, including in Bentham, Ingleton, Clapham and the surrounding areas.
Residential Property Surveys
- Level 3 surveys on several types of property, including barn conversions, converted chapels, newsagents to be converted to residential, former water works.
- Level 2 surveys on period and listed houses, barns, holiday homes in converted restaurants.
- Valuation of a proposed development on a car park , insurance reinstatement valuations on several listed buildings, valuation of land for sale to adjoining owners.
- Valuation for pension fund purposes (market rent and market value) on a modern office/industrial in Skipton
- Cleckheaton – Schedule of Condition
- Keighley – Pre-Acquisition Survey of a manufacturing premises in a former mill
- Keighley – Schedule of Condition of industrial unit
- Keighley – Pre-Purchase Survey of solicitors’ offices
- Pontefract – office refurb / alterations – Refurbishment of entrance lobby, reception area, meeting room, WC and circulation areas at client’s town centre office
- Leeds – Employer’s Agent role for a new-build commercial property on Viaduct Road
- Goole – Expert Surveyor’s Report relating to a dispute regarding a building project
- York – Building Survey Report of a hotel
- Schools in Yorkshire – valuations of estates
- Various Planned Preventative Maintenance projects in for a housing association
- Skipton – defending dilapidations claims on two industrial units
- Cross Hills – We were appointed by a tenant to provide advice on early surrender of their lease for their office building associated with their manufacturing business. The landlord had provided an initial surrender figure including their dilapidations assessment. We reviewed the dilapidations claim, based on which the tenant made a counter offer. Early surrender of the lease was agreed.
- Huddersfield – defending a dilapidations claim on an industrial unit
- Brough – Dilapidations advice and exit strategy for a large manufacturing facility
The range of skills and expertise across our team of property experts allows us to provide professional advice for clients across a wide range of disciplines and property types. To speak to a member of our team about accessing our services to assist with a property in Yorkshire, please get in touch.