N7 Office Block
Works are nearing completion at a Building N7 – Office Block at Euxton, Lancashire
This is a new-build office block on Chorley Technology and Business Centre, in Euxton.
We are appointed by the owners of the Business Centre (CTBC), who are a longstanding client of Lea Hough for over fifteen years and is a property developer/Business Park operator.
The procurement of N7 has been two parts:
- Firstly there is the initial shell build of the main structure and external fabric, as well as car park and landscaping;
- then secondly the prospective Tenant requested a fit-out project.
Our developer client takes a very hands-on role, and uses Lea Hough as a trusted partner. We provide all professional expertise to design, procure and project-manage the works from inception through to completion.
We provide all design, technical and construction expertise – generally looking after our developer client’s interests and providing advice in respect of each project.
Our role in N7 has involved:
Initial design stage
- Initial feasibility / outline design drawings.
- Finalising design drawings.
- Planning Application.
- Application for Discharge of Conditions that were associated with the Planning Approval.
- Section 80 Demolition Notices for the demolition of previous buildings on the site (Brisance House and Solutions House).
- Preparing and submitting the Network Rail BAPA Agreement (Basic Asset Protection Agreement).
- Preparing a Traffic Management Plan and Car Park Management Plan.
- Preparation and submission of Building Regulations Application, and involvement with consultation issues with the Fire Officer.
Detailed design stage
- Preparing the package of detailed construction drawings.
- Preparing the package of tender drawings / Employer’s Requirements specification document.
- Liaising with the Structural Engineer regarding structural design.
- Drainage design/layout as well as provision of attenuation tank.
- Arranging ground tests etc. Advice regarding the incorporation of gas membranes.
- Assisting with incoming services connections/applications.
On site, construction stage
- Periodic inspections throughout the course of the construction.
- Generally providing advice and assistance with all technical issues/queries/variations.
- Undertaking the role of Principal Designer under the CDM Regulations.
- Liaising with the Building Control Officer.
- Snagging at handover stage and issue of Practical Completion Certificate.
- Arranging the preparation of the Health & Safety File on completion.
- Monitoring of the building during the defects rectification period and issuing the Certificate of Making Good Defects.
Building N7 should be handed-over (including fit out) in August and the new Tenant will take occupancy.
The construction of N7 follows our previous similar involvement in other new-build commercial blocks that have been constructed for the same client. The previous blocks over the last fifteen years include: N1, N2, N3, N4, N5, N6.
We are also in the process of working with CTBC regarding the next new-build project, which will be known as Building N8. Building N8 is at the stage where the structural frame has been erected, roof covering is installed, windows and cladding have been installed and the external fabric will soon be enclosed.
We look forward to the handover of Building N7!
BACK TO PROJECTS