19.75 gross acres of currently unoccupied open grassland has become available for sale for development and bids are now being invited by informal tender. Bids are due by 1pm 17th Dec 2021.
The site, located south of Whalley Old Road on the outskirts of Blackburn, is allocated for residential in the draft Blackburn with Darwen Local Plan. The site benefits from outline planning permission for up to 165 two-, three-, four-, and five-bedroom houses.
- The whole site extends to 19.75 gross acres (7.99 gross ha)
- Currently the land is unoccupied grassland. Historically, the land may have been used for grazing purposes however there are no tenancy agreements associated with the site.
- The land is situated east of Whalley Old Road in the north eastern area of Blackburn and opposite the Sunny Bower estate. To the east of the site is the Whitebirk Industrial Estate and to the south are open fields. As described the land is unoccupied grassland and has been for a significant period of time and can be characterised as open grassland with self-seeded scrub and trees. There is a watercourse on the south eastern boundary of the property.
- The site has a gentle fall from north to south on the proposed development platform and then falls away steeply towards Whitebirk Industrial Estate and the watercourse. There are public rights of way which cross the site as well as a trunk main which needs to remain in-situ.
- The land is allocated for residential development in the draft Blackburn with Darwen Borough Local Plan. The site has obtained outline planning permission for up to 165 units planning ref: 10/20/0716 granted on 18th Feb 2021.
Services and Access
- A utilities study is available in the data room however bidders will need to satisfy themselves with regards to capacity of said services.
- The Site will be sold freehold. There are three landowners signed up to a collaboration agreement and the property will be sold as a whole.
Method of Sale & Bid Requirements
- The site will be sold via a competitive informal tender process. Expressions of interest are to be directed jointly to email@example.com & Phillip.firstname.lastname@example.org . On receipt of expressions of interest, interested parties will be directed towards a data room. Offers to be received by 1pm 17th December 2021.
Interested parties are free to visit the site and walk over. No appointment is necessary.
- There is no price guide. Best offers to be submitted by the bid date.
- Post code BB1 5QU.