Chartered Surveying Services – Cumbria
Covering a large area ranging from Barrow-in-Furness on the South Western tip of the county right up to border with Scotland, Cumbria is home to some of the most beautiful locations in the UK, including the Lake District and a small part of the Yorkshire Dales National Park.
With an office just over the border in Lancaster, and further offices in Lancashire, Lea Hough is ideally located geographically to be able to advise on property matters in Cumbria.
Our Chartered Surveyors provide clients in Cumbria with a wide variety of services, which are detailed below.
The main services our team are asked to advise on relate to commercial property transactions, however, we are also equipped to provide professional assistance on several other matters relating to commercial properties, their construction, maintenance and improvements.
Commercial Property Advice – Cumbria
- Project management – the planning and overseeing of building or improvement projects
- Schedules of Condition – preparation of detailed reports that detail the condition of a commercial property at a given time, usually before the commencement of a lease
- Dilapidations – advice for both landlords and tenants on how to limit liability in relation to dilapidations, including negotiation of dilapidations claims
- Contract administration – overseeing the building contract between the contractor and the client during construction, maintenance or repair to buildings
- Pre-acquisition surveys – preparation of detailed reports on behalf of a buyer prior to the purchase of a commercial property or high-end residential houses
- Drawings – the provision of Measured Building Surveys and the preparation of plan drawings, usually in relation to a building project
- Development monitoring – ensuring that commercial development projects live up to standard and expectation, protecting the lender’s interests
- Listed Building advice – advising owners or tenants of historic/listed buildings in relation to building maintenance, improvement or restoration works
- Planned maintenance – working with property owners to plan and oversee a schedule of works across a portfolio of properties or a large site
- Employer’s agent work – representing a commercial tenant or developer, overseeing the contract and ensuring that standard, costs and timescales are met
In addition to properties owned or occupied by commercial entities, we are also able to advise public sector organisations in relation to the above listed services.
School Building Advice – Cumbria
Lea Hough work with a number of school clients in Cumbria to help in the preparation, management and administration of building and maintenance works at schools. Whilst our role can vary from school to school, we generally act as a school’s Building Consultant, advising them on all matters relating to the school estate. Often, the first time a school may get in touch with us is in relation to an application for funding, which we have established a strong reputation for. Funding streams we are most frequently asked to assist with include CIF, SCA, SEEF, SALIX – DFC, and Urgent Capital Support.
For more information on our services to the education sector, please contact Michael Harrison, who heads up our education team.
Development Land Advice – Cumbria
Lea Hough specialise in the sale of development land, and development opportunities. We are able to advise clients in Cumbria in relation to land sales or acquisitions, handling the whole process from initial land appraisal to completion of sale.
Please view our Land and Development pages for more detailed information on how are able to assist in this area.
Contact Lea Hough Chartered Surveyors for Advice on Property in Cumbria
For further information in relation to any of the services we offer commercial clients, schools, land owners or public sector organisations in Cumbria, please contact us.